Summary and Videos of Events in Idlib, on Friday, 2 Dec 2011, dubbed “The Buffer Zone Is My Demand”
From: E.N.N https://www.facebook.com/Edlib.News.Network
AND by SRGC
Martyrs who passed away today and we were able to obtain and confirm their names:
1 – Basil Dyoub
2 – Khaled Abdul-Naser Al-Rahmoun
The 2 above martyrs were killed by the army’s bullets directed at peaceful protesters. The 2 victims were from Khan Sheikhon.
3 – Hisham Hboub, he died under torture in the security branch in Idlib city, Hisham was arrested yesterday, 1 Dec 2011, in an ambush; his body is still with the authorities. He was from Jesr Al-Shogour.
4 – Ahmd Juma Mahmod Al-Zubaydi. The victim was in the 4th army division, security and Shabiha killed him down for refusing to fire at peaceful protesters, he died in the military hospital in Homs, and his body parts were stolen afterwards. He was from Al-Kastan.
5 – Melad Ibrahim Razaz. He was killed by an army-tank’s bullets at the entrance to Al-Wis dairy plant. He was from Sraqeb
6 – Juma Mohammed Ali Sqar. His body was identified today. He was from Tal Awar in Jesr Al-Shoghour
7 – Mohamed Aslan
8 – Mohammed Darwish
The martyrs, Ahmed Aslan from Shnan village, and Muhammad Darwish from Kernaz, were killed in an ambush in Darkoush town in their way to Turkey; they had defected from the army.
Martyr Muhammad Aslan, 2 Dec 2011
People who are lost:
1. Ahmed Al-Jasem
2. Muhammad Raslan
Day and evening demonstrations were held in the refugees’ camps and in many area of Idlib province, including the cities, towns and villages of; Idlib city, Al-Nirab, Hish, Kafr Sjna, maar Zita, Joubas and its surrounding villages of Al-Tarnba, Dadikh, and Kafr Batikh, Kourin, Sirmin, Binnish, Maarat Al-Numan, Taftanaz, Saraqeb, Ihsem in Jabal Al-Zawiya, Haas, Jarjanaz, Hazan, Kafr Takharim, Maarat Hurma, Jbala, Al-Tamanea, Kafr Yahmoul, Maarat Mesrin, Kafr Dryan, Kafr Roma, Atma, Kelli, Sermada, Al-Deir Al-Sharqi, Baboulin, Ayn Shib, Khan Sabil, Maar Shamsha, Toum, Kafr Urouq, Herbnoush, Maarat Al-Nasan,Ram Hamdan, Serjeh, Kafr Uwaid, Al-The, Kafr Nebl, Al-Habit with participation by residents from Kafr Ayn and nearby villages, Kan Safra,
The demonstrations demanded a buffer zone, a No-Fly-Zone,
international intervention- by any needed methods- to protect civilians, overthrowing the regime, the execution of the president, providing support for the Free Syrian Army, and chanted in solidarity with Homs, Idlib and all besieged cities and honoring the martyrs. In some of these demonstrations, the protesters burned the Russian and Chinese flags.
The army, security, and Shabiha surrounded the gathering areas, installed checkpoints-barricades, fired at protesters, injured some, arrested some, and killed others.
Note that due to cutting off electricity, wireless and landlines in many areas for long periods of times, the demonstrations many more and the humanitarian situation is much worse than what is being reported.
There were many arrests in the province, a large portion of them were random.
Demonstrations issued from all of the mosques after Friday’s prayer and gathered in the square of Al-Hussein mosque, the number of protesters was estimated to be around 50,000. The army and security fired sporadically
The arrest of 3 residents of Taftanaz town by regime forces elements at a mobile military security checkpoint in Saraqeb town. They were arrested while in their way to work in Lebanon; their names are Usama Jafar, Muhammad Taleb Rahhal, and Rajab Taleb Rahhal. We hold the regime fully responsible for their safety.
– Joubas village:
2 residents of the village were arrested, Abdul-Satar Al-Hajji and Adnan Zidan, the 2 are not activists nor do they participate in demonstrations. They were arrested yesterday at Shabour
checkpoint-barricade in Saraqeb town.
The army surrounded the mosques and the squares of the city, and still a demonstration came out from the mosque of Al-Fateh Al-Kabir, instantly, the army attacked the protesters and fired heavily at theme to disperse them. We have no information on the injuries due to difficulty in communication as the internet and wireless
communications have been disconnected from the city for more than a week.
Regime forces firing at the protesters in Ariha city, 2 Dec 2011
– Khan Sheikhoun:
A large demonstration came out after Friday’s prayers, regime forces fired at it to disperse it. The army and security also installed temporary checkpoint-barricades to arrest the protesters. They fired in many areas, especially at Al-Rawda mosque. Many were injured, and the hospitals were surrounded, and armored vehicles arrested people, 5 arrests are confirmed, and reports of a victim being killed.
A demonstration in Ariha city, 2 Dec 2011
– Kafr Nebl:
After the army surrounded the mosques and the yards, threatening to fire at any gathering, the people held a demonstration in the outskirt of their town. The army and security were mobilized, and army patrols headed to the town’s outskirt to arrest the protesters.
A video of the demonstration
– Maarat Al-Numan:
The landlines and Ariba wireless communications were reinstated in the city, SyriaTel communication services and the internet are still disconnected from the area for the 15th day in a row. The humanitarian situation is dire with the complete lack of diesel and oil, sharp shortage in gas, and repeated electricity blackouts, biting cold, and very high prices for groceries.
– Saraqeb town:
There is little news coming out of the city due to the continuous interruption of communication lines for more than 2 weeks now. Today, the army and Shabiha fired at a large demonstration by the residents of the city and the nearby villages
A demonstration was held during the funeral procession of martyr Milad Ibrahim Al-Razaz.
The martyr Milad Al-Razaz
– A demonstration in the refugees camps, 2 Dec 2011
– A large demonstration was held in Kan Safra, and it was broadcasted live on Al-Jazeera
– A demonstration in Binnish town, 2 Dec 2011:
– A demonstration in Maarat Al-Numan town, 2 Dec 2011:
– In front of the army tanks a demonstration was held in Taftanaz town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Ihsem in Jabal Al-Zawiya, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Haas town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Jarjanaz town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Hazano, 2 Dec 2011
A nighttime demonstration in Hazano town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Takharim town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Maarat Hurma, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Jbala town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Al-Tamanea town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Yahmoul town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Maarat Mesrin town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Dryan, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Roma, 2 Dec 2011
Freeing pigeons while chanting “The people want a buffer zone”
– A demonstration in Atma town, 2 Dec 2011:
– A demonstration in Kelli town, 2 Dec 2011
And a nighttime demonstration in Kelli town
– A demonstration in Sermada town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Al-Deir Al-Sharqi, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Baboulin, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Maarat Al-Nasan town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Herbnoush town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Urouq town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Toum town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Maar Shamsha, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Khan Sabil town, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Ayn Shib, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Al-Nirab, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kourin, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Sirmin town, 2 Dec 2011
Burning the Russian and Chinese flags
– A demonstration in Ram Hamdan toured all of the town’s streets, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Zrdna, 2 Dec 2011
– A demonstration in Kafr Uwaid town